Malayan Corn Chowder is one of our favourite recipes. It’s delicious, easy to make and absolutely vegan.
Let’s get cooking!
4 tbsp vegetable oil
½ medium onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable stock (Marigold or veg cube)
2 cups tinned corn (300 g)
¾ cup potatoes (100 g)
200 ml coconut milk
500 ml water
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Heat oil, add onion and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add finely chopped garlic and cumin seeds & fry for 20 seconds.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli flakes and salt.
4. Fry for a second, add corn, potato, coconut milk, water and vegetable stock
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes or till potato is soft.
6. Turn heat off and give soup a quick blitz. Do not lose all chunks.
7. Add fresh coriander and eat with a squeeze of lime or lemon.