These Indonesian Chili Fried eggs are the real deal. Our founder Patou remembers this recipe from her childhood in Singapore. It is delicious as it is easy to make.
Let’s get cooking!
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large eggs
½ medium red onion, sliced
1 fat garlic clove, sliced
1 large red chilli, sliced
1 tbsp Kecap Manis (sweet soy) optional or 1tbspsoy sauce
1. Heat the oil until it’s very hot.
2. Break both eggs into hot oil and they will bubble and brown underneath immediately. Watch out as they will splatter.
3. Remove the eggs and add onion and garlicto the remaining oil.
4. Lower heat and fry till golden brown.
5. Add chillies and fry another 30 seconds.
6. Turn heat off.
7. Season eggs with pepper and salt, if using sweet soy, but no saltneeded ifusing regular soy.
8. Top eggs with fried aromatics and drizzle with soy.